Monday, July 20, 2009

The Neo Nautical

Inspiration. It's a tough nut to crack, cookie to crumble, wall to break, etc etc. People ask: where do you get your ideas for posts/tweets/'enter strange new media verb-turned-noun here'. It's kind of a bizarre process that I truly have no explanation for -- but what hell, I'll give it a whirl.

For instance, today I got to thinking about what trends are realistically wearable in the summertime - something versatile and classic. Obviously, NAUTICAL STRIPES!
I mean, Alexa Chung wears 'em like its her job, they're in the best 2010 resort collections, AND they're a fun excuse to dress like a sailor.
From here, I go through my favorite streetstyle blogs gathering content and then, pick le creme of le crop for my feature.

Alexa Chung

Marc Jacobs Resort 2010

Louis Vuitton Resort 2010

LOOKBOOK.nu




Finally, I must reveal the top I bought for myself as a result of all this nonsense (yes, this is the only downfall of fashion research -- you are tempted to buy an awful lot of goodies.) But in sailor speak - it sure beats the hell out of brown bagging = )
Rachel Pally Oversized Slouchy T-shirt, shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment